If you were injured in a supermarket, you may want to consider your legal options. Continue reading, and give our experienced and dedicated Tom Green County, Texas personal injury lawyer a call to discuss your case.
What are the common causes of supermarket injuries?
There are several different ways that supermarket incidents can occur while scanning the aisles of your local supermarket. The bulk of these incidents can be the result of:
- Improperly placed floor mats
- Slippery entrances and exits
- Insufficient security
- Potholes in parking lots
- Water spilled on restroom floors
- Wobbly displays
- Broken grocery carts
- Spoiled food
- Aisle obstructions
- Falling debris
- Falling items from shelves
What types of injuries can be sustained from a supermarket incident?
There are several types of injuries that can result from a supermarket incident, ranging in severity. These injuries can include any of the following:
- Cuts and bruises
- Back injuries
- Cracked pelvis
- Fractured skull
- Fractured wrists
- Head wounds
- Fractured arms
- Spinal cord injuries
What steps should I take after my injury in the supermarket?
If you were injured in a supermarket and would like to seek legal action to recover financial compensation for the burdens you have sustained, it is important that you collect as much evidence as possible. This is because you will have to demonstrate that the grocery store employees were aware of the hazards that caused your incident to occur, and did not fix them in time, directly resulting in your injury, or that they should have reasonably been aware of the hazards. The best way to assert this claim is by taking the following steps:
- Report the injury to the supervisor of the store: This will confirm that they are conscious of the incident and permit them to file a report.
- Call 911: The police can dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, and more.
- Document the scene: Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your mishap to happen.
- Acquire witness contacts: If anyone witnessed your injury occur, ask for their name and number, they may be able to verify your understanding of the circumstances.
- Seek medical attention: Go to the hospital immediately. This will make sure that your injuries obtain the required treatment, while also supplying you with proof of the source and extent of your injuries. This can play a big role in a personal injury case, so be sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any applicable medical documents.
If you have been injured, our legal team is on your side. Give our firm a call today to discuss your case with a skilled personal injury attorney.