If you were injured in an apartment because of another negligence, you may want to consider your legal options. Continue reading and give our skilled Tom Green County, Texas personal injury lawyer a call to discuss your options. Here are some questions you may have:
What are the common causes of apartment injuries in Texas?
Apartment injuries can happen for a number of different reasons. Keep in mind that most of them are a result of landlord negligence. In many instances, when individuals are hurt in their apartments, it is because landlords fail to provide their tenants with safe living conditions. Some of the most common causes of apartment incidents that our firm has seen include the following:
- Insufficient lighting
- Failing to install or maintain smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- Unsafe air or water conditions
- Unsafe apartment complex parking lots or sidewalks
- Insufficient security
- Rickety balconies
- Dangerous stairwells or elevators
- Hazardous apartment complex playgrounds or other amenities, like tennis courts or swimming pools
If you were injured as a result of any of the above-mentioned hazards, it is in your best interest to give our firm a call today. Our legal team is on your side.
What should I do if I was injured in an apartment?
If you were injured in an apartment and would like to pursue legal action, it is essential that you obtain as much evidence as possible that establishes that your injuries were a result of another’s negligence. The best way to accomplish this is by taking the following steps:
- Call 911. The police will file a report and send an ambulance.
- Take several pictures and videos of the unsafe apartment conditions resulting from your incident.
- Inform your landlord of your injuries.
- If there were any witnesses present, take their contact information.
- After emergency services arrive, ensure you receive prompt medical treatment.
- Once you have been treated and obtained a copy of your medical documentation, contact a skilled Texas apartment accident lawyer that can fight for the compensation you need to heal.
How long do I have to file a claim in Texas?
You will want to note that personal injury claims are time-sensitive. This is because Texas has a statute of limitations for most personal injury claims. In the state of Texas, the deadline is two years from the date of the incident. This implies that those who have been wrongfully injured two years after the incident must seek legal action against the party responsible for their injuries. As a result, the sooner you bring your claim to our firm’s attention, the better. Give us a call today to examine the specifics of your case and your legal options. Our legal team will ensure you meet each of your claim’s deadlines.